Eye on Video
Part of the Greater Hartford Arts Council’s arts apprenticeship program.
Eye on Video is part of the Greater Hartford Arts Council’s Neighborhood Studios program, which provides teens the opportunity to learn artistic skills from a Master Teaching Artist, as well as career-skills training to prepare them for today’s creative workplace. Each student also receives a weekly stipend so they don’t have to choose between a quality arts education and a summer job.
15 selected students learn from a Master Teaching Artist and create short films that are screened publicly in our cinema. No experience required.
• Digital camera operation, screenwriting, editing in Adobe Creative Suites, collaboration, and post-production skills will be covered.
• High school students 14-18 are eligible. Students entering freshman year and those who just graduated from high school are also eligible.
• The program runs from June 25 – August 3. Participants must attend all program dates.
• Students must live in a town within the Greater Hartford Arts Council service area.
• $100/week is paid to accepted participants.