Communications Coordinator - Full Time
The Communications Coordinator assists in all areas concerning the development and implementation of strategic communications across all Real Art Ways programs.
- Under the supervision of the Communications Manager, develop and implement multi-faceted communications plans for films, gallery openings, performances, special events, and the organization at large
- Build and maintain fruitful relationships with local and national media
- Assist in the creation and distribution of promotional and press materials
- Serve as an organizational representative with press contacts and constituents
- Maintain electronic and print archives of programs, events, and media coverage
- Outstanding oral and written communication, editing, and proofreading skills
- Proven record of excellence in strategic communications
- Demonstrated commitment to the Real Art Ways mission, and a passion for contemporary cinema, visual arts, and performance
- Self-direction, organization, and attention to detail
- Confident and articulate communication by phone and email, and with real live people
- Initiative to collaborate with all staff members, across diverse programs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Bachelor's degree in Communications or related field
- Proficiency in some realm of digital content production, such as shooting/editing video, graphic design, or photography
- Familiarity with WordPress, Google Analytics
Interested applicants, please send cover letter and resume, in a single PDF, to Amanda Baker, with the subject line "Communications Coordinator."
Resumes will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Grant Writer - Full Time
Real Art Ways seeks a Grant Writer to manage our grant applications.
The right candidate will produce grant applications and reports in accordance with the organization's development plan and research new prospective funding sources. Specifically, this person will:
- Gather information that will easily allow him/her to grasp the concept of a project or program for which funding is sought.
- Acquire and maintain the knowledge and understanding of Real Art Ways, and use that knowledge and understanding to better comprehend all projects and programs for which grants will be sought
- Research grankt-making organizations and analyze them to identify likely funding sources for specific projects and programs
- Compile, write, and edit grant applications; must have excellent expository writing skills
- Keep in contact with grant-making organizations during their review of a submitted grant application in order to be able to supply additional supportive material
- Manage the process of supplying progress reports when required by a grant-making organization that has funded a project or program
Key requirements for the position include:
Qualified candidates will possess strong writing skills, attention to detail, research ability, and proficiency with Microsoft Office, Filemaker.
Previous grant-writing experience is required.
Interested applicants, please send cover letter and resume, in a single PDF, to Amanda Baker. Resumes will be reviewed until the position is filled.
About our internship opportunities
Real Art Ways offers part-time, unpaid internships during the fall and spring semester, as well as during the summer. Learning opportunities are typically available in Communications, Development, and Visual Arts.
If you are interested in pursing an internship at Real Art Ways, please email the appropriate department with a cover letter and resume:
For available Visual Arts Internships contact Michael Galvin.
For available Communications Internships contact Taryn Bunger.
For available Hospitality Internships, contact
For available Education Programming Internships, contact Lindsey Fyfe.
So, you want help Real Art Ways. Great! Here's how to get started:
Help spread the word.
Real Art Ways counts on you to introduce us to other people. If you'd like to help us out on a regular basis with our marketing - everything from
distributing posters and flyers to assisting with large mailings or helping us meet new patrons at our busier events - contact Taryn Bunger.
Gallery and Event Help
We need volunteer gallery attendents for every Creative Cocktail Hour (on the third Thursday of every month) and many other events. Interested volunteers should contact us Michael Galvin.
We're a small staff. We seriously consider all offers of help and all proposals, but sometimes, things just don't work out. Please be patient - we may not be able to respond to you right away. We appreciate your help!